If you are looking for a healthy, #FitFam, low calorie muffin recipe you came to the wrong place. If you are looking for a creamy, yummy and delicious fall pumpkin muffin recipe then please stay a while.
I featured this recipe in my all things pumpkin round up last week and couldn’t wait for a chance to try it out. This weekend was cold and rainy in NJ so I jumped on the chance to try this recipe and it was a definite win and way easier than I anticipated. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins | Recipe by Crazy for Crust
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Filling
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° and line muffin tins with cupcake holders. (Michael’s has really cute ones for Autumn & Halloween)
- Stir pumpkin, oil, and sugar together in a large bowl. (By hand, not a mixer)
- Stir in eggs, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda. Stir in 1 cup flour, then stir in milk, then stir in remaining 1 cup flour.
- Divide evenly among muffin pans, filling each liner 1/2 full. (I did about 3/4 so only ended up with about 12 instead of the 18 that Crazy for Crust had)
- Stir together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Drop 1 tablespoon onto the top of each muffin.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes. Test by sticking a toothpick into the middle of the muffing, if it comes out wet it needs more time.
- Cool and store in fridge if not eating right away.
*The only thing I MIGHT change next time I make this is topping each with a pecan or two for some extra crunch.