What do you get when you combine the classic delight of sinking your teeth into a homemade chocolate chip cookie with the sweet cookie and creme crunch of a double stuffed Oreo? THE BEST FRANKENCOOKIE IN THE WORLD. No…seriously…these chocolate chip Oreo cookies are unlike any guilty pleasure you have ever tasted.
A coworker was talking about the best cookie they ever had at lunch yesterday and described this Chocolate Chip Cookie stuffed with an Oreo with such sweet detail that I couldn’t wait to get home to make a batch for my family.
- They are monster sized! One cookie is crazy filling but worth every single bite.
- They are best served a little warm. We enjoyed them after they cooled for a bit after coming out of the oven with a cold class of milk and the combo was mouthwateringly (is that a word…if not is should be) delicious. If you can’t have them right out of the oven pop them into the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
- If you are bringing them to work then make a huge batch. These went quicker than my world famous brownies.
Ok on to the recipe which I found on Pinterest from Picky Palate. In her post she mentions that she is the originator of this recipe that has taken the internet by storm. Her step by step pictures on her post were very helpful.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Stuffed with Oreo Recipe | Original Recipe from Picky Palate
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips
- 1 bag Oreo Cookies(Go Big or Go Home)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined. Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo Cookie is enclosed with dough.
Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking. (I cooked mine for about 13, flipped them and cooked for 2 minutes more to get both sides brown.)
Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Don’t forget to add a glass of milk!
This recipe makes about 2 dozen VERY LARGE Cookies.
My husband and coworkers went nuts over these! Enjoy!